I'm officially hooked on "Glee," and while watching it the other day, I saw a headband on Emma that I thought was tooooo cute. I thought, "I could make something like that...maybe" and decided to give it a whirl. So this evening, I sat down in my craft room and made myself a cute little headband. Of course, it doesn't look EXACTLY like Emma's - I wanted a different color and a bigger headband because I can't stand it when my headbands "ride up" my hair like hers looks like it's doing - but I am pretty satisfied with it nonetheless :)
(Sorry about the pixelated image - I'm just glad I was able to get a screen capture at all!)
First, I stitched the headband. I simply measured the length of ribbon I wanted by putting it around my head, then using a small amount of elastic in the back (by "finger-guesstimating" how much I'd need). I left about 3/4" extra ribbon on both sides, folded it over, and stitched the elastic in. I put the headband on to make sure it fit and to measure the length of the second ribbon, the angle at which I'd need to sew it, etc. Then I sewed it. I got really lucky with all of this guesstimating; I am fully aware that it could've been a disaster. Sorry I forgot to take a picture of each step - I only have a pic of the completed headband.
Then I whipped out my glue gun, turned it on the low setting, and glued on my gems.
Voila! My cute headband!
*One last apology - I know the coloring of the pics is really weird. I guess the lighting in my ultra-green craft room doesn't make for the best pictures. So I'll either have to start crafting in daylight or you'll have to expect weird-looking pictures of my future endeavors!*
Next time I will:
1) Try a wider angle (bigger space) between the two pieces of ribbon.
2) Use less ribbon, more elastic. I thought that the more ribbon I used, the prettier my headband would be, but it's really not as flexible as I'd like.