Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Yuck. I hate going a week without posting. Alas, I had to work Wednesday and Thursday nights, then we were busy filming all weekend. Then I forgot last night. (Just getting the lame excuse part over with.)

If anyone out there was waiting for a knock-your-socks-off comeback, I am sorry to disappoint but I cannot find the cable to transfer pictures from this weekend onto the computer to show you. I promise to do it tomorrow though!

For now, I will tell you an awkward story.

Today I was walking into Hobby Lobby. In the Hobby Lobby lobby stood an employee. When she saw me, her jaw dropped. Within a fraction of a second I knew the situation: she had thought I was someone she knew, she quickly realized I wasn't, and she didn't want to look stupid so she pretended that she had dropped her jaw for another reason or just to be silly. (I know this because I've done similar things many, many times.) Not wanting to embarrass her, I pretended I hadn't noticed a thing and continued into the store. (This made me wonder how many times I've thought I'd gotten away unnoticed when the "victim" was just being polite.)

After walking around the store looking at the cute knick-knacks, trying to find a picture frame to match one I'd already bought, getting excited that garden gnomes were 50% off again, and realizing I'd never be able to choose the "perfect" gnome, I'd forgotten all about the incident.

I was browsing in the floral section when the employee came up to me and patted my shoulder. She said, "I thought you were someone I knew when you came into the store, but you weren't!" Then she laughed. My plan was to smile and laugh along with her, but my chapped lips had another idea. Before I could fully crack a grin, my top lip split and it hurt so badly that I couldn't smile - but a laugh escaped anyway. I can only imagine how disturbing this looked to the employee. She just bustled away.

Niiiiiiiice.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

AHHHHHH hahahaha! That is funny. And I read your blog. But I wish you had a "follow" button because I NEVER know when you update. :)

And my lip did that the other day for the first time in my life when I smiled and I thought I was going to die! Hurt like the dickens.