Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Vegas: Day Three

Here is my album of Day Three!

Our third day in Vegas was a blast. Ryan and I slept in a little bit, then we met his parents in the buffet for a late breakfast. This time when he went to NAB for the morning, he took his dad with him, and my MIL wanted to rest, so I did my own thang. I walked around The Strip and took some (more) pictures, then decided to do a little shopping in the Miracle Mile shops. There was a Trader Vic's there and I SO wanted to see a werewolf (with perfect hair) drinking a pina colada, but sadly I did not. (If it had been Taylor Lautner I would have SCREAMED. Then, later, wondered why they would serve a pina colada to a seventeen-year-old. But mostly SCREAMED.)

Soon it was time for lunch, which excited me beyond measure. Yes, I had burned some calories and worked up an appetite walking around in the heat, but mostly I was anticipating my first ever trip to In-n-Out Burger. My MIL and I got a cab from the hotel and met Ryan and Phil (hehe, I enjoy that too much) there. The lines were crazy, but fast. We sat outside and I prepared for the first bite.

Ohhhh my gosh. It was perfect. And not just because I was expecting it to be. Honestly, rarely do I get a burger on which I wouldn't change a thing, but this was one of them. I didn't go for "Animal style" because it was a really hot day and chili is one of the last things that sounds appetizing to me in extreme heat. Nor did I get a double-double, because I would have felt like a pig. I just got a simple cheeseburger, and that was all I needed. I want another one right now.

Ryan headed back to NAB and my ILs and I walked over to the In-n-Out shop next store, where the cheeseball in me bought a T-shirt. We headed back to the hotel and my ILs and I went our separate ways again. I hated to be such a tourist, but it was SO HOT (have I mentioned that enough? Or used enough parentheses?) that I immediately changed into my new T-shirt because it was light and airy. I took off again with my trusty not-yet-rusty camera and went to M&M World.

How cute! It was fun to look around and mind-blowing how much stuff there was. M&M this, M&M that. Craziness. I was headed out the door when, for some reason, I felt like I should take a look behind me. I looked, and there was Yellow beckoning me to him. I smiled politely and started to leave again, then turned back around and asked some dude who worked there to take our picture. He obliged, and I'm so glad he did.

Afterwards, I headed to the Paris. I loved it from the outside and wanted to see if it was as cool on the inside. I was not disappointed. In fact, I liked Paris's shops the best. I even found the most adorable dishes in the world there. I'm still sad that I did not get them :( But they would have broken and/or pushed my luggage over the weight limit on the flight back home anyway.

Some more pictures, another trip through the Miracle Mile shops (whoops) and a change of clothes later, it was time to go back to the Venetian for our last dinner in Las Vegas and a gondola ride. We ate at a place called Valentino. Mmmm, the lasagna and the cannoli were perfect. Then Ryan and I took a wonderful gondola ride through the resort. I loved it! I was a little bummed that we had to share with another couple unless we wanted to pay a ridiculous amount of money, but they had fantastic British accents so it turned out great. And the gondolier sang beautiful Italian songs, too.

The best part? While we were there, we were approached by a guy who worked for the Marriot resort and we ended up signing up for another stay in Vegas that we can use any time within the next year - for a great price, half of which will be returned to us in the form of a Visa "entertainment card." Sah-WEET. I can't wait to go back!

All too soon, it was time to go back to the Monte Carlo, gather our things, and get on a plane. This was through an unfortunate circumstance involving Phil mistaking 12:35am for 12:35pm while booking our return flight. I was so bummed that I hadn't been able to catch a Bellagio water show at night - but guess what was happening as we drove past in the cab?! The driver even slowed down so I could get pictures! Yes, they turned out blurry, but awesome-blurry, if you ask me. It made me a little more at peace with leaving ;)

Little did I know there was one more small adventure to be had....

No comments: