Friday, May 15, 2009

The Sun'll Come Out Tomorrow

Actually, I doubt that it will. We drove through a monsoon that led us into Chicago around 2 this afternoon. Six hours in the car sitting in the middle front seat of a full truck compromises one's circulation and one's patience. I hang my head and say that I'm afraid Kate Gosselin was threatening to rear her head by the time we were closing in on our hotel.

I wish I could say my attitude got better from there.

This is my first time in Chicago, and while I realized that it is north of where I live and reputably windy (and even though I've been checking the forecast obsessively so I anticipated yucky weather), the freezing cold, drizzly weather did a number on me. We had brought an umbrella, but couldn't find it in the truck. This is what happened from there (Josey is my best friend, who is here with her family for her sister's graduation):


The "schl-" words are just one of the awesome, inexplicable things about us. We rock; that's all you need to know.

Anyway, while we were having this conversation I was experiencing my first deep dish pizza. In addition to my aforementioned woes, I had eaten a few apple slices, one donut and a handful of Cheez-Its all day, so I was STARVING when dinner came around.


The pizza was sooooo delicious and satisfying. It made things better for awhile. Thanks as always, food.

After dinner we went to Target, got some necessities, and almost collapsed.


We then proceeded to stand at the freezing train station for twenty minutes before we found out that the line we were waiting on had stopped running about three hours before. So we walked back to our hotel.

I felt awful being so negative when everyone around me was laughing and enjoying each other, but sometimes a girl just needs to let herself feel what she's feeling, and this was one of those times. I've been looking forward to this trip for months and the first day was just blah, blah, blah.

After an extremely fluctuating forecast, it appears that the weather will be nasty again tomorrow. However, I will try my hardest and pray for a smile on my face so that I can enjoy Chicago tomorrow and others can enjoy me instead of having me bring them down. Sorry, guys.

1 comment:

Sh. said...

Hi Sarah! I had no idea that you were a blogger! Hope to read you again soon!

- Ashley