Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Two.

Today, Ryan and I celebrated our two-year anniversary. We started out the day by having brunch at Mimi's, my favorite place to eat breakfast, which was Ryan's suggestion (bonus!). We had a great time just talking and enjoying being together. Look at the pretty flowers that were there! They were for us, I just know it.

Next we went to Barnes & Noble, our go-to "Whatcha wanna do?" spot. Afterward, we hunted down a sno-cone shack that had been recommended to us for their wedding cake sno-cones. We found it and were soooo glad we did. I had a wedding cake sno-cone, which was indeed delicious, and Ryan had a "Happy Camper" - pineapple, banana, and blue raspberry.

We came home and I relaxed for a little bit while Ryan spent some time editing the movie. (His goal is to have the assembly edit finished this week.) Next, we gave each other our anniversary present...

...We cleaned. We went through all three junk drawers in the kitchen (yes, THREE...I am ashamed) and got rid of everything we didn't need and organized the rest. Then we did the same thing with the entryway closet and the drawers in the coffee table. It's so nice to just purge all the junk from your life. (Oh, but there is SO MUCH more. A little bit at a time, though.) Happily, I was in that cleaning kind of mood today. I even vacuumed inside the drawers. Yes. I vacuumed....the drawers. (Yesterday I completely cleaned out and reorganized the pantry, inspired by this lady, whom I hope you read and if not, I hope you start! Tomorrow I'm on to the guest bedroom and hall closet, which is full of Halloween/Christmas decorations, board games, etc.)

After we finished cleaning, we went out to The Cheesecake Factory for dinner. This isn't our very favorite place, nor does it have any particular sentimental meaning to us; we just felt like going there. (I don't like to plan on a specific place to go because if I'm not in the mood for it that day, it's not much fun. WOW I NEED TO STOP RAMBLING.)

We had a delicious dinner and shared a piece of key lime cheesecake for dessert. Then we came home and watched a movie we'd rented on TiVo.

It was a relaxed, low-key anniversary. It was JUST what we needed.

Happy anniversary, baby.
(Sorry I forgot my bouquet on the way back up the aisle.)

6 comments:

josephhutson said...

I know I've probably said it before, but I like the style of your writing. Don't ever change it ;)

Happy 2nd Anniversary (plus a couple of hours). :D

I am glad to have met you guys, and both of you are probably a couple of my top 5 friends. :)

Kim said...

Happy Anniversary... late now I am sure.

And I also LOVE Mimis!!!! Yummy!

Kelly said...

Your wedding looks like it took place in a greenhouse of some sort. How cool is that?? I love it! Happy Anniversary!

Stephanie said...

2 years? really? wow! congrats!

Mandie said...

YAY!!! Happy Anniversary!! I cannot believe its been 2 years!!

Glad it was perfect!

Sh. said...

So adorable! I hope to meet Ryan someday. I think it's absolutely charming that you forgot your bouquet...I suppose you might've been slightly preoccupied!

(: Happy Anniversary!